TEARS TO TRIUMPH
The Spiritual Journey From Suffering To Enlightenment
ABOUT THE BOOK
In the words of the poet Kahlil Gibran, “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Our personal suffering is often a sacred initiation into a deeper experience of who we are as people, and why we’re on the earth. I’ve sought to view the origins of deep sadness through a spiritual lens, in order to illumine the path that leads beyond.
“Every few years, Williamson steps forward with her finger on the pulse of an emerging trend. Rather than predict, however, she defines. Tears to Triumph is an exceptional example of her skill…an exceptionally timely and relevant treatise.” (Retailing Insight)
“A book that has been perfectly timed with what we are going through as a country and universe.” (Good Day New York)
“In Tears to Triumph, Williamson digs into the roots of depression and offers a bold way forward.” (Spirituality & Health)
These are some of the themes I discuss in the book:
- Emotional torment — why is such suffering a part of our experience? What does it mean? And how can we survive it and even transcend it?
- What is the response to suffering at the heart of all great religious teachings?
- Why is it important to be fully available to our suffering, as opposed to suppressing it or numbing it?
- Why has our suffering become a profit center for the pharmaceutical industry?
- What is the relationship between our suffering as individuals and the collective forces that are depressing us all?
- What is the role of forgiveness and love in freeing us from our pain? What are the spiritual principles that deliver us to happiness, and how do we apply them?